Full course description
What's Special About Georgia State University's GRE Test Prep Course?
Gain a great score on the GRE exam by learning about the most current material covered on the exam. Each participant receives the acclaimed and completely revised workbook written by Dr. Cohen, Doing Your Best on the GRE. The class and workbook combine to help you achieve understanding of the design of the exam and how to use this information to your advantage. The series of seven weekly classes is lively, engaging, and highly effective. First, you are given a diagnostic exam which quickly pinpoints your strong and weak areas. Then you are provided a list of resources for targeted help.
September 22 - November 3, 2018, (Saturdays) 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Georgia State University, College of Business
35 Broad Street NW Atlanta, GA 30303:
Parking is available in several campus-operated parking decks for $7. More information
Fee covers tuition, books and materials, wireless Internet, and on-site IT support.
View our Cancellation Policy http://execed.robinson.gsu.edu/about-us/registration-policies/ (Links to an external site.)
To Pay by Check / Discounts
To pay by check or to confirm eligibility and obtain the appropriate discount code, send an email to email@example.com or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300
Program participants will gain knowledge and skills for success with each section of the GRE.
- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry
- Miscellaneous Word Problems (work, distance, age, probability, even standard deviation, etc.)
- Plus - Quantitative Comparisons, with complete explanations for all types of questions offering tips and techniques needed to choose the correct answer.
- Learn to attack each problem with simple logic, not complicated math.
- Learn four different methods to read better and understand every type of Reading Comprehensionquestion
- Understand the three main types of errors many test-takers make in Text Completion, selecting correct answers even when not sure of the meaning of every word
- In Sentence Equivalence, follow secret techniques, examples, and exercises that make it easy to spot the wrong answers and narrow it down to the right one
- Use our workable list of the 500 most commonly tested Vocabularywords on the exam
- Shows how to write high-scoring essays by understanding what the graders measure and use our winning "templates" for virtually any essay question
Gary B. Cohen, Ph.D., widely known as "Dr. Test Prep," is considered the South's premier test prep professional. He has been writing and lecturing on test preparation for more than 15 years and is known for his engaging and entertaining style. His books include Doing Your Best on the GMAT, Doing Your Best on the GRE and Doing Your Best on the LSAT and he has published articles on English, American Literature, and Critical Reasoning. Thousands of students have attended Dr. Cohen's courses; students who are now doctors, lawyers, engineers, MBAs, accountants, executives, and more. Dr. Cohen earned his Ph.D. and M.A. from Vanderbilt University, and B.A. from Hunter College, NYC.