Full course description
GSU'sis designed and taught by Richard H. Deane, PMP, PMI-ACP, PE, Ph.D., a world-class project management professor and practitioner with over 30 years of project management teaching and consulting experience. Dr. Deane is one of the most highly rated professors teaching in Georgia State University’s executive education programs and offers real-world project management wisdom based on his practical experience leading small and large-scale projects as a consultant, both nationally and internationally.
• Initiate a project by identifying project objectives and requirements
• Draft a concise project charter
• Employ a structured process for identifying and managing project stakeholders
• Organize the project via a project work breakdown structure
• Lead a team in identifying activity relationships and develop a project network diagram
• Estimate activity durations and generate a project schedule
• Identify and Interpret the project critical path
• Strategically balance project duration, cost, and scope objectives
• Develop a project resource plan and budget
• Monitor and control the progress of a project during execution
• Develop and implement a project risk management plan
• Master the unique leadership and conflict resolution skills required to lead a project team
• Develop lessons learned from a completed project
Visit www.execed.gsu.edu for other program details
Synchronous distance learning, combined with self-paced modules/assignments
Class meets July 12, 14, 15, 19, 21 and 22, 2021, 5:30PM - 9:30PM
Georgia State University, Robinson College of Business ONLINE CAMPUS
Richard H. Deane, PMP, PMI-ACP, PE, Ph.D. is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Managerial Sciences at the Robinson College of Business. His main interest is in the practical application of project management principles. Richard consults for organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Acuity Brands, General Electric, Boys and Girls Clubs, ING, Caterpillar, and various public and private health organizations. He has won multiple teaching awards at Purdue University, Georgia Tech, and Georgia State. Richard is also a registered professional engineer, a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), and holds the PMI-ACP certification by Project Management Institute.
Instructions to Register for the Course
To register, click the ENROLL button below.
The course will be delivered through the Canvas Learning Management System, which is primarily used by internal GSU groups, and commonly uses language to describe an internal user, like "Campus ID." If you are not using a GSU CampusID / password to register, you may use a personal or business email address. If the system recognizes your personal/business email address (e.g., because you have already used Canvas while part of the RCB community), you will need to sign in using the original password you established or you will need to reset the password.
To sign-in or access the course, please follow these steps:
· GSU faculty/staff/ students with emails ending in gsu.edu: Click “Login” in the upper-right and enter your CampusID and password
· Non-GSU registrants with emails ending in .com: Click “Non-GSU Login” in the upper-right, enter your full email address as CampusID, and then the password you have set up. If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgot Password?" and enter your email address as CampusID. The system will send you instructions to reset your password.
· If you have tried these steps and are still having difficulty, please email Shelley Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.